Student Support is Essential to the Success of UIS United Faculty!
Research shows that students benefit from a unionized faculty! Students on unionized campuses are more likely to stay in college and they graduate faster! Unionized faculty are able to spend more time advising and mentoring students. Unionized faculty help control administrative costs leading to lower overall university budgets and lower tuition costs. The goal of UIS UF is to create a better UIS, with a stronger focus on students’ education. Help us bring that about!
UIS United Faculty student outreach fliers:
To learn more:
- “What Do Faculty Unions Do?,” essay by distinguished UIUC English Prof. Cary Nelson
- “Why College Students Need to Support Their Professors” HuffPo article by a student advocating student support for faculty unions!
- “Administrators Ate My Tuition” Washington Monthly article on how boom in administrative hiring is behind tuition increases.
- “Unions Hold Mostly Pluses for Faculties at Public Colleges, Study Finds” Article reporting how faculty unions are good for students, staff, faculty, and campuses overall.
- “Universities Benefit from Their Faculties’ Unionization, Study Finds” Study shows how public universities benefit from a unionized faculty.
- “Research shows professors work long hours and spend much of day in meetings” Article summarizing research on number of hours professors work.
- “College Has Gotten 12 Times More Expensive in a Generation,” Mother Jones article; (to learn why, read the NEXT two articles….)
- “New Analysis Shows Problematic Boom In Higher Ed Administrators” hiring of administrators is what’s driving college costs!
- “Admin Hiring Drives Boom in Higher-ed Hiring” admin hiring is source of increases in student tuition.
Follow this blog (see right), like our Facebook page, or email the UIS UF Organizing Committee at email@example.com.